Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Poison Ivy, Sumac, Oak, How to stop the Itching.



We are at that time of season again here in the Chicagoland area, so some words of caution and what to do if you manage to get into poison plants.   Below is what one mother did. 




My son got into some poison ivy three days ago.

His best friend did also. The best friend has been to the doctor and had two prescription medications and two non-prescription creams to use at home. He missed most of school yesterday and possibly will be out tomorrow and is quite miserable. It's spread everywhere...and I do mean everywhere.


My son hasn't gotten it quite as bad but when he got home today, he was begging me for some relief. I applied these three oils layered and did not dilute them.
1. Peppermint
2. Thieves
3. Lemongrass

He experienced some mild burning since he's scratched several places until they bled. Four hours later, he was itching again and took a bath with 2 cups of apple cider vinegar. When he got out of the tub, I went to reapply the oils. I'm kicking myself for not taking pictures before hand but the swelling was reduced a full FIFTY percent.

I am in shock at how well this has worked and am very interested to see how they are in the morning. Young Living oils are absolutely wonderful!

I am not shocked at how well Young Living's oils work, I have been using them since 2001 and I am convinced more than ever we have the best quality around and that is the reason they do work.  

For more information on how to:  and what to do, I have many resources to guide you to.  

Charla Sirtoff
630 759 5494
www.youngliving.org/468819
www.charla.vibrantscents.com






No comments:

Post a Comment